- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Ex on Dependent Visa - How to Send Him Home?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Rekha Bista, 21 April 2016.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Rekha Bista

Rekha Bista Member

21 April 2016
    I am an international student. I am married to a guy I thought he loved me but he was just faking. He is on my dependent visa and I do not want him to stay as he used me. He has his girlfriend and he said that he didn't ever love me. All of those were an act created just so he could come here.

I want him to go out from Australia as he misused the right to bring partner here. I just want to be rid of this guy as we are no longer in any relationship.

Please help me with Immigration Law.
  2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

9 April 2014
    Hi Rekha, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. However you do not have the right to cancel your ex husband's partner or dependant visa on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship can cancel a visa. If your relationship has ended, you must notify DIAC. You will also be asked to withdraw your partner visa sponsorship. There are certain circumstances where an applicant can still be granted the permanent partner visa notwithstanding that the relationship has ended.