Ex Denying My Legal Custody of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Strongarms38

16 April 2014
Both my ex partners spanning 20 years have ganged up on me to try and deny the custody of children arrangements that have been adhered to for 9 years and 3 years respective. The family law court has told me they don't have the right to do so but I can't cause a scene at school on my days to collect them or even though I'm just observing my rights I would be the victim as I'm male. I've suffered an irreparable spinal injury so looking after my kids is my life. Yet I'm powerless to do anything and I can't afford a lawyer as I was the victim of a $23,000 fraud scam. Neither woman has a case and I can't get police or school assistance. Advice would be great.

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia
Hi Strongarms38,
It seems that your question is a hard one that nobody's been able to answer as yet.
My only thoughts are to perhaps keep a copy of the custody/family law arrangements documents on you and firmly but calmly state your rights to your ex's and point out where they are breaching the arrangements when those situations occur. You might also write each of them a letter reminding them of your rights under the custody arrangements and that they are not to breach the agreement or prevent you from exercising your rights.
All the best with it, and stay strong.

Strongarms38

16 April 2014
Thanks CathL. Sadly the situation has gotten worse. I had duel mediation with my ex wife who proved she had no understanding of mediation and the outcome goals intended to be obtained through this process. She was completely unprepared to negotiate as such it was nothing more than a waste of my time. I offered negotiation in view of achieving the best outcome for my kids and she having no clue as to what mediation is for came unprepared to negotiate at all. I was extremely annoyed at her lack of intelligence. She requested mediation and then refused to negotiate in spite of requesting it. She clearly demonstrated she's not willing to negotiate and possesses no understanding of the process she wanted. As she saw that she is acting out of her inability to control her emotions where as I have professionals that disagree with her. I've had to employ a lawyer now to take this to the next level in order to have my children's right to see their dad on a regular basis as they would prefer. I've spoken to my kids and have had it made very clear to me that they're not happy with their mothers actions and even to the point they'd rather not see their mother in favour if living with me. So my offer in mediation of a pleasant outcome for all was rejected. Now legal action is my only option. My other ex I'm told after many complaints to police regarding my sons safety and attachment needs not being met has potentially received a notice or moreover a complaint to police moved into the hands of the police that govern operation glyder. So I'm hopeful. My lawyer is going to push proceedings at my request. The school has told me that within my rights to collect my kids on my normal days and if the women can not provide authority for change from the family court then the school is required by the education department to contact police and have the offending parent charged told that it's a $6,000 penalty and potential for jail time also. I'm to nervous that I'll be penalised as I'm the male and discrimination in this area is rife.