LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Estranged from Family - Where Do I Stand Regarding Super Fund?

Discussion in 'Superannuation Law Forum' started by isolated-super-trustee, 21 June 2016.

Tags:
  1. isolated-super-trustee

Hello,

I am one out of four of my family members involved as directors in a self-managed super fund.

My mum, dad, and brother (the other 3 super fund directors) have cut me from their life physically, emotionally and financially and I just want to know where I stand when it comes to the risk of being kicked out of my super fund.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't risk financial consequences.

Thanks,

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Have a good read of the trust deed and see what it says about removal of directors.

If the funds are liquid you may be able to rollover your contributions to another fund. If it is not easy to move out your contributions, for example the funds are invested in a property, you should seek legal advice.

The other directors can get into difficulties if they exclude you from decision making while you are still a director.