SA Employment Law - Am I Entitled to Know Reasons for Suspension?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jhor Bludson

6 June 2016
As an employee of Disability Services, am I legally entitled to know the reason and/or details for being suspended under employment law? I was initially told it was due to a complaint, now I've been told H.R are looking into an issue.

Yevgeni

1 June 2016
Sydney
As an employee of Disability Services, am I legally entitled to know the reason and/or details for being suspended? I was initially told it was due to a complaint, now I've been told H.R are looking into an issue.

Hi Ihor,

Did they say anything as to why you were suspended? I anticipate that they will call a meeting to take place in due course to discuss this matter with you.

Jhor Bludson

6 June 2016
Hi Ihor,

Did they say anything as to why you were suspended. I anticipate that they will call a meeting to take place in due course to discuss this matter with you.

Yevgeni

Evening Yevgeni,

You are correct, there will be a meeting (T.B.A), but no there has been no more information other than "due to a complaint" & then "H.R is still looking into an issue."

I was contacted tonight about contacting the Manager tomorrow, so I specifically asked regarding procedural fairness about the nature and seriousness of the alleged behaviour, but was referred back to tomorrow's contact without elaboration.

Thank you for your time and effort.

In appreciation,

Yevgeni

1 June 2016
Sydney
Evening Yevgeni,
You are correct, there will be a meeting (T.B.A), but no there has been no more information other than "due to a complaint" & then "H.R is still looking into an issue."
I was contacted tonight about contacting the Manager tomorrow, so I specifically asked regarding procedural fairness about the nature and seriousness of the alleged behaviour, but was referred back to tomorrow's contact without elaboration.
Thank you for your time and effort.
In appreciation,
Jhor

Hi Jhor,

I assume that they will discuss everything with you at the meeting that is coming up. You should be allowed to bring a support person to the meeting, and depending on the seriousness of the allegations and the conduct alleged they may dismiss you summarily or they may give you an opportunity to respond to the allegations if it is not a clear cut case.

Do you know anything about these allegations and what it is about?