NSW Employment Contract Terminated for Alleged Misconduct - Can I Sue Employer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Paddyman

23 October 2015
I recently had my temporary fixed term employment contract terminated for alleged misconduct. The alleged misconduct was instigated by my employer due to me filing a serious grievance against them.

I have written proof and witnesses who are willing to give evidence to corroborate events that led to my termination. Industrial Relations are being protective of the employer and therefore no use to me.

I need to know if I can sue the individuals that instigated my unfair dismissal under Employment Law. My employment contract was due to expire on 30 June 2017.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth

Paddyman

23 October 2015
Thanks JS79, I had a conference with the fair work commissioner but was advised that due to the employer being part of the state government, fair work was the wrong place. They advised that industrial relations was the way to go. IR only allows you to claim up to 6 months of salary if you win. IR also does not hold the instigators to account. I will speak with an employment lawyer