Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Eligible for Compensation for Personal Injury Caused by Unsafe Product?

Discussion in 'Personal Injury Law Forum' started by Ninaisk, 21 November 2014.

1. Ninaisk

Ninaisk Member

Bought a branded glass coffee table from a prominent department store in Sydney. When received the table was filthy. As I was cleaning it - I had to put it on its side as the table was low (close to the floor) - the base dislodged from the table top fell on my leg then on the floor breaking to pieces. As a result, I had 2 cuts on my leg, one of which needed stitching. The ambulance took me to hospital etc.

Because I'm a diabetic, I was prescribed antibiotics, yet when I went to my doctor a week later to take out the stitches, the wound wasn't healed and was still oozing blood. It also looked infected a bit.
    I had to work from home for most of the week, and after my doctor check today, it looks like I may need to stay home for longer.

When I contacted the store, and after 4 days of internal store discussions, they told me they'll refund me the price of the table! I'm a person that is scared from needles; could someone please let me know whether I'm eligible for personal injury compensation?
    Thanks!

2. Amanda E

Amanda E Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

You need to speak to a lawyer who works in the field of personal injury.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...