VIC Personal Injury at Convention

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kim Cormell

2 May 2015
I was at a health convention yesterday and as I stood up the chair I was sitting on folded up and collapsed with my hand in it and me on top of the chair on the floor I have sustained deep lacerations to the bone of my left ring finger and fracture.

I was taken to Royal Melbourne Hospital for treatment X-ray, pain relief, stitches and a splint for the fracture certificate for time off work and appointment with plastic surgeon.

What I am to do under personal injury law?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Speak to a lawyer who works in the field of personal injury law.

Reactions: Tracy B

Tracy B

24 December 2014
Australia
Hi Kim,

I'm sorry to hear that such an unfortunate situation happened to you. Sounds extremely painful. As for your question, I agree with Tim. Personal injury is a complicated area of law as it is very fact-heavy. Your first issue is, who should you go after, the manufacturer of the chair, the seller of the chair, the convention holders? This depends heavily on the facts of your actual case (and some investigating). As such, we cannot help you much except recommend you go see a personal injury lawyer.

Reactions: Tim W