NSW DUI 2nd time but previous one was 10 years ago

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Buraksivri

4 May 2020
Hi I got caught drink driving high range I have been Caught before for drink driving high range but it was 10 years ago.
when I was released by the police my licence was suspended immediately but I didn’t get no court notice just curious if I will be going to court ?
And if I do what will my penalty be I am on my p2 licence.

Buraksivri

4 May 2020
Hi I got caught drink driving high range I have been Caught before for drink driving high range but it was 10 years ago.
when I was released by the police my licence was suspended immediately but I didn’t get no court notice just curious if I will be going to court ?
And if I do what will my penalty be I am on my p2 licence.

sammy01

27 September 2015
why are you on a P2 licence?

You will be going to court.

High Range? 6-12 months off the road and 1-2 yrs with an interlock in your car.... But I don't understand why you would be on a P licence if you had a licence 10 years ago? A P2 licence means you could cop a worse result than the one I just outlined above.

auDave

27 February 2020
I didn't receive a court date straight away, the police had to organize a court date with the court. They will most likely call you, where you have a choice to pick up the brief or have it posted to you. I'm only going off my own experience in Melbourne recently.

Couldn't tell you about the penalty, you may want to seek legal advice about that.

Best of luck mate.