NSW Does product labeled ORIGINALS UGG AUSTRALIA make you think it is ORIGINAL AUSTRALIAN MADE product?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vadim

10 July 2018
G'day,

I have come across a pair of footwear with a label "ORIGINALS UGG AUSTRALIA" on the product, product tags and product packaging and I am personally have a strong impression that this is ORIGINAL AUSTRALIAN product MADE IN AUSTRALIA.

I will appreciate if users of this forum could express their own impression as consumers, what impression regarding country of origin does this product with this label make to them and what they, as consumers, will think if they will buy this product and then realise that this is ORIGINAL CHINESE product MADE IN CHINA.

Thank you
Vadim

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'd have said the business/company is UGG Australia, and the wording represents the company, not the place of manufacture.

Always look for the 'made in ...' wording to see where a product is made.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
You had me - I thought there was a whole heap of publicity a few years back about the "Ugg" brand name being sold offshore.

However, a little research goes a long way. This is from the website uggaustralia.com.au

"Today, we’re the ONLY Australian sheepskin footwear manufacturer with our own tannery right here in Melbourne! We believe customers have the right to know where their products come from. We cut, stitch and glue every pair of sheepskin boot here in Melbourne, Australia. We are proud of our land, our products, and our name!"

I think that says it all.