VIC Do I have a medical negligence case? Permanent Injury caused.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
20 February 2022
So I had received involuntary psychiatric treatment, which consisted of long acting injectable antipsychotics for a period of 2 years. within a few months of being on them I developed a tremor which gradually got worse and worse especially under stress and physical exertion. I also developed full body tic's and a couple times couldn't control my eyes while out in public and was having uncontollable shaking regularly. I also now have restless leg syndrome and insomina and can never relax, I just started taking medication for this problem and will have to be on it for the rest of my life and its really effecting me knowing i'm on drugs forever. I also became suicidal after going through this and still am. I also was having having very severe sleep problems and my memory was getting horrible, I couldn't even follow a conversation at times.

What can I do?

Tim W

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014


Active Member
2 May 2024
It sounds like you're going through a challenging time, and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. It's important to seek help and support from professionals who can assist you with your medical and legal concerns.


18 June 2024
It sounds like you're going through a challenging time, and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Since you've experienced adverse effects from psychiatric treatment, maybe consulting with a personal injury lawyer wouldn't be a bad idea. They can assess your situation, determine if there's a case for medical malpractice or negligence, and guide you through the legal process. You can look for a personal injury law firm known for producing quick results, such as Remember to prioritize your well-being and seek assistance from trusted sources only!