ACT DIY Consent Orders and Property Settlement - Leave Superannuation Section Blank?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Uncertain

19 September 2015
I'm looking at the DIY Consent Orders kit and there's a whole section on superannuation that has to be filled in if either partner has a "superannuation interest". What does that mean?

We have agreed not to split superannuation in our property settlement. Does that mean neither of us have a superannuation interest and we can leave that section blank? I don't want to mess about getting valuations if I don't have to.

The rest of it is pretty simple. One house, two cars, one managed fund, and an agreed 60/40 split.

S

Sophea

Hi Uncertain, I would assume so.

I believe in this situation a "Superannuation Interest" would basically refer to a super fund that belongs to you or a fund to which you have a single beneficial interest. So while technically you might need to answer yes to those sections, I would either leave blank or strike through or note as N/A.