NSW Disobeying No Stopping Sign

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MelV

16 January 2023
Hi,
I received a fine for "Disobey no stopping sign - $283.00" but based on the date, time and location of the fine I can confirm I did not "stop" but was completing a 3 point turn in a very full dead-end parking lot on the street named in the fine as there was no way to exit the parking lot.
I requested a review stating the circumstance and asked for photo evidence incase I was mistaken for the location as the fine just names the street but not specific location on the street, but the response was "we acknowledge your comments that you did not stop, however owe are unable to cancel the fine at this time." It goes on to say "police observed your vehicle to be parked in a clearly signposted No Stopping zone." No other evidence was provided.
There is a location on said street that is a "no parking" zone, that my husband thinks we might of parked in without realizing it on the same night. I am wondering if this is what the fine is supposed to be for, but if it were then shouldn't the fine be for "Disobey no parking sign - $116"? Is there anyway I can confront the officers to determine the exact location of the "offense?" There is absolutely 100% no chance that I "parked" in the no stopping zone. There is also no other "no stopping zone" located on that street other than the one in the parking lot I turned around in.
I have requested to take the matter to court and am wondering what evidence, besides my husband who will present as a witness, I can provide? The incident occurred almost 6 months ago now the court case isn't for another 6 months still. It just seems like such a ridiculous amount of money to pay for something that they can't provide evidence of when I am so sure it's a mistake.