- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Damaged Company Car - Do I Have to Pay?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by gorilla 56, 2 March 2015.

  1. gorilla 56

    gorilla 56 Member

    2 March 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi, I accidentally damaged the bonnet on the company car while closing it. My employer now wants me to pay for the damage. Is this legal? Thanks.
  2. Ivy

    Ivy Well-Known Member

    10 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi there,

    I personally cannot see a reason why your employer can't ask you to pay for the damage. However if you were in legitimate possession of the vehicle for work purposes, you should be covered by their insurance policy, assuming they have comprehensive insurance. You could talk with your employer and see if you could pay the excess rather than the cost of repair if the excess is lower.

    I hope that helps.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page