Custody of Children and Daughters' Medical Welfare - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Blue Grass

6 August 2014
Any help appreciated.

50/50 shared custody of children. I no longer have the money to go back to family court or seek legal help, while the other side has no financial issues.

Ex has, against medical advice, stopped preventative medication and daily supportive medication, as ex has decided it does not do much so there is no point using it. This is just one of a growing list of medical issues not being addressed or advised from medical professionals not being followed.

Is there "anything" I can do ? Ex refuses to co-parent or discuss any matter regarding the children. Counselling has also failed as ex refused to accept the advice given. I am very concerned for the medical welfare of our daughters.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Unless there are court orders about medical treatment and you're willing to file a contravention order, or the medication is of such nature that they are at serious risk of harm while in the other parent's care, you're unfortunately limited for choice, given the other parent's refusal to communicate about the matter.

Is the other parent at all responsive to mediation?

Blue Grass

6 August 2014
Thank you for your reply, daughter is asthmatic so it is a concern. Ex is not willing to take part in mediation, have tried counciling but ex ignores advise. I just worry about the long term effect on the girls health as there are several issues of concern. There are now issues with education as well as ex has no interest in that either.

I am now pining my hopes of getting help with the new DV rules that will be coming in and kids being taught in school what is acceptable and what is not and they will then have someone to go to who has to report things as there are other things going on I cant put on an open forum.
Again thank you for your help.