ACT Court order can u leave

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jenna

2 June 2018
Can I go overseas or leave country if I'm on a court order, it's not a criminal matter but a civil matter

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Can I go overseas or leave country if I'm on a court order, it's not a criminal matter but a civil matter

When you say court order, do you mean the first time attending court (court notice)? if so, you can leave the country but that will be against you, you need to inform the court before hand and they will change the date to a future date, this will be to your advantage. Do not (never) neglect court orders, this will always come against you and in future, it will be hard to get any assistance.
I had to go to court for a traffic infringement and the date was after my travel date, I went to court and saw the staff there, and they assisted in every way possible. Once organised, you can leave with no worries.
I am not a lawyer, talk to a lawyer and show them your paperwork and they will be able to give you a better advice.