Comprehension skills

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rjm

2 February 2020
[Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines] I dutifully did what I was told by the learned teacher & read the 1st post again. The part in question reads as follows. "Affair partner went ahead with giving birth to miracle child knowing father not wanting to father a child" The alternative to going ahead with having the child is abortion. Even though that word was not used, that was exactly what was suggested to be the fathers preferred option.
You were obviously so disgruntled by some of the content in my postings that you missed the most important bit.
For the record, I said many men. I did not say men in general, nor did I say all men.
That considered I really don't think there was justification for the rather harsh telling off that you metered out.
The apology I gave really was sincere. It wasn't given because I thought I was wrong, or because you told me off. I've thicker skin than that.
I dare you to run this past someone teaching women's studies at uni. If you do, be prepared to be properly educated.

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Hi @rjm
Thank you for your contributions since joining LawAnswers.com.au.
It can be challenging to moderate a community like LawAnswers.com.au because some legal questions raise additional questions, topics, personal opinions, etc. which go far beyond the original question.
For almost six (6) years, LawAnswers.com.au has welcomed everyone (well mostly everyone except spammers and those who have attempted to sue the forum - and me personally! - because LawAnswers.com.au has defended its position and lawfully refused to remove/delete otherwise valid legal questions posted by fellow Australians involving that business' practices).
I sincerely appreciate everyone who contributes to the forum in whatever way that they feel comfortable (reading, searching, posting a question, replying to a question, etc.). Today, LawAnswers.com.au is one of the most popular, free access to justice/legal aid resources in Australia - and operates without any government funds or grants.
We live in interesting times, and I can relate that it can be difficult to accurately convey something that you are trying to say with mere words alone. My strong preference is that LawAnswers.com.au continues to welcome everyone with an Australian legal question to help them learn more about the law and their legal rights - as long as threads don't go off-topic to the point where moderators need to moderate for reported breaches of the Community Guidelines, Terms of Use, etc.
Thanks again and all the best,
Seamus

rjm

2 February 2020
Understood Seamus. Many thanks for the very slight alteration of my post. I was surprised that you let me put it up!