NSW Civil remedies for false accusations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
Are there any civil causes of actions for false accusations that cause you to be arrested and charged?

Docupedia

7 October 2020
Defamation, but you'd have to overcome the defence of qualified privilege.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Maybe - just - maybe a little bit more detail would help.
What is the nature of the crime for which you were arrested and charged?
Were the charges dropt?
Is this to do with a DV matter?
Have you asked the cops to charge the person for making a false statement to the police?
Were they convicted for making a false statement?

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
Breach APVO
No, still before court. Get brief 1st december.
No Apvo.
No, I am suing the police so they are working with them against me.
I have video evidence.

sammy01

27 September 2015
oh so this is the same question you asked a few weeks ago and I found a very interesting article on the subject of suing the police. Did you read it?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Oh Ok look I went through the old threads looking for it. But it is you who asked the question about suing the police and I found a really good article to show you what sort of a chance you have, so I reckon you can go through the old threads and find it. I think in that thread where you asked basically the same question as you're asking here, I found 3 cases where the cops were taken to task for unlawful activity. In all three cases (one where they pissed on a bloke after arresting him) the amount of $ for damages was appalling in my opinion.

I spent a few minutes looking through your old threads to find it. But to be honest... You've come on here and asked the same bloody question god knows how many different ways and frankly been a bit rude in the process when given information you don't like. Regardless. I reckon it is worth you finding that article and reading it...

From memory, there was one case where a woman was detained without any grounds and strip searched. She got $1000 compensation. But she had to pay her own legal bills...
The article is worth you finding and reading. Like I said, I've done the research for you once already and you didn't read it. I strongly encourage you to find that artice and have a read. It will be somewhere among all the different threads you've started.

And yep, I am having a go at you. mate you came here asked a question. I did some research and found a bloody useful article for you and you didn't read it. Instead you've just re-posted the same question?
You're not gonna win. WHY? Well the cops have the nsw government funding their solicitors. I don't like my advice sometimes, but I"m gonna quote Sean Connery "you're bringing a knife to a gun fight".

Atticus

6 February 2019
Jeez, not this question again.... Slightly different way of asking... STILL the same answer though..

Atticus

6 February 2019
I didnt get an answer regarding possible causes of action.

Please provide.
The devils in the detail .... After having finally pieced together what this is about over multiple threads & weeks, some of us here now know the detail...

Your course of action? Stop this hiding to nowhere now before it's too late

NSW Police course of action? ... Seek a costs order against you when you lose is my guess