Child Support - Delegation of a parents care

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joshycoops32

18 July 2022
Can one parent delegate their care responsibility without a written agreement from both parents? I cannot find any legislation that states delegation of care is acceptable, but I have had conflicting information from CSA as to whether care can be delegated or not. Any help or link to relevant legislation is appreciated.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Can you be a bit more specific? In what ways is one parent delegating their responsibility? If you're talking general terms then YES. My kids step-mum routinely drops them off at school / takes the to doctors / drops them off to their mum etc etc.
As far as legislation goes - look up 'shared parental responsibility". So parents need to work together to make decisions about the big stuff. What school the kids attend for example. But the day to day stuff, like who is gonna take the kid to the doctor's or drop them off at school is the responsibility of the parent who has the child in their care at the time.