NSW Charged by police in nsw under an assumed name

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tkelly

12 March 2024
Hi,

I am enquiring as to whether I can have a criminal record removed due to fact at time I was charged (using carriage service to menace, harass and offend) the name used on court documents and by police was not my legal name at the time but an assumed name?

Thankyou

Tkelly

12 March 2024
I will clarify that this criminal record has since been linked to my current legal name as when I obtained my criminal record in my current legal name the charges under assumed name were connected

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
No.

Tkelly

12 March 2024
Legal aid disagrees I have an appointment and seeing they charged me at one police station then made me appear in court at another town then I got audio recording of me allegedly appearing at town of police station I was charged at when I never appeared at that court and charges appear twice on national police check a crime has been committed using my identity by police and the courts.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
It will be a matter of you proving that it was not your intent to deceive police, an evade prosecution, by giving a false name.

Tkelly

12 March 2024
I didn’t give a false name I was never asked my name they just used a name they assumed was my legal name. That’s not the point anyway the point is the matter was taken to 2 courts heard at 2 courts and I only appeared at one court they then used that audio to state I appeared at the court I did not appear at