WA Centrelink Fraud Hearing - Any Ideas?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kittykatie180

2 January 2015
I have to appear in court in Western Australia for fraud from Centrelink. I am worried this may be a jail sentence. Any ideas?

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia

willow

4 April 2015
I have to appear in court in Western Australia for fraud from Centrelink. I am worried this may be a jail sentence. Any ideas?
How did you go katie? I have voluntarily dobbed myself in for the same thing. Under reported for 18 months. I can pay back 10k as soo as I know the debt I gave centrelink my payslips from my work for the whole time the other day and I’m waiting to hear what the debt is so I can whack $10k on it. I am afraid of being prosecuted and what it will do to my children (if I go to jail) and my career. I didn’t know that I could be prosecuted. True, I am a dickhead. I know.

willow

4 April 2015
I was desperate. And I had had a stroke and going through family court, working and studying. It has been an extremely difficult time.

Sjsa

21 June 2019
How did you go katie? I have voluntarily dobbed myself in for the same thing. Under reported for 18 months. I can pay back 10k as soo as I know the debt I gave centrelink my payslips from my work for the whole time the other day and I’m waiting to hear what the debt is so I can whack $10k on it. I am afraid of being prosecuted and what it will do to my children (if I go to jail) and my career. I didn’t know that I could be prosecuted. True, I am a dickhead. I know.

Hi willow

I’m in a similar position to you, I also dobbed myself in last August 2018 but haven’t heard a thing from Centrelink after giving them my husbands payslips. Can I get an update on your situation? Thanks