NSW centrelink fraud CDPP

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Danielle Pearson

28 July 2018
hi, has anyone else been referred to the CDPP over centrelink fraud?
If you have id really appreciate if you could message me or if you feel comfortable discussing it here?
I am beyond stressed about what will happen and can't find any information in regards to anyone else that has or is going through it also.
many thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 12925

Hi

My firm has dealt with countless Centrelink fraud matters. Usually the specific charge is obtaining financial advantage by deception of the Commonwealth. The outcome depends on a number of things and if you are comfortable sharing these details I would be happy to give a further opinion:
2. The amount of the overpayment;
3. How sophisticated the dishonesty was;
4. The period of time over which it occurred;
5. Whether you have repaid the money and if not whether you have entered into an arrangement to do so and the terms of that arrangement i.e paying the whole amount back immediately is viewed more favourably than paying g a small amount from your ongoing Centrelink benefit for many years;
6. Your personal circumstances;
7. Your criminal history generally and in particular any prior offences for dishonesty;

Those are in my view the main objective and subjectiveatters that will determine the penalty imposed.

Luke L, senior lawyer, Thexton Lawyers

Reactions: DMLegal

Grace Allen

16 July 2019
hi, has anyone else been referred to the CDPP over centrelink fraud?
If you have id really appreciate if you could message me or if you feel comfortable discussing it here?
I am beyond stressed about what will happen and can't find any information in regards to anyone else that has or is going through it also.
many thanks in advance.
message me
Hey are you a ablw ro message me as well please