LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

Cease and Desist Letter From Nike - What Now?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Property Law Forum' started by gluecow, 21 November 2014.

1. gluecow

gluecow Member

Hello everyone I recently received this email from Nike.
    Nike wants me to sign a Cease and Desist Declaration as well as provide my name, phone number, address, and ID via email. I never realized anything I was selling was counterfeit or fake. It was mostly stuff I bought at tag sales in bulk. I'm sort of scared and thinking I should just take down my site and move on because it's not worth it. I'm not sure if Nike will come after me with further legal actions once I sign the cease and desist declaration and provide all the information. Below is a copy of the letter received. Not included was an attached cease and desist declaration. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Michael T likes this.
  3. ghostmutt

ghostmutt Member

Hi, I received a VERY similar email to you from Nike for football jerseys. I am basically in the same situation as you.
    What was the outcome of your case? I don't mind sending them my stock, I just don't want to be obligated to pay the fee.

Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks