NSW CCTV cameras in yard

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bella101

26 February 2019
i have recently installed cctv cameras around my home due to a verbally abusive neighbour. The cameras are covering my yard and side of house where my children play. They cover partial amounts of my neighbours front yard. My children have been constantly abused every time they go out to play in the front and side yard or I do my gardening. My neighbour has called the police to my door three times asking me to remove my cameras as they are filming her yard. I explained there purpose and on all occasions they responded with we know we are well aware what she is like but still ask me to remove them. Tonight I said no I don’t believe I’m doing anything wrong they are filming my yard and only her front yard that is very open and visible no fencing or privacy I don’t film her house or backyard. The police said to me if I don’t I will end up getting into a lot of trouble what are my legal rights here. They know she is abusive and I’m protecting myself and my kids so I have proof to make her stop why am I getting in trouble