WA Car Accident - Ignore Letter of Demand from Car Insurance Company?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Allister

23 July 2014
Hi. I have received a Letter Of Demand from a car insurance company with regard to an alleged car accident. There were no injuries.

They have misspelled my name and the address is incorrect. There is little information in regard to an car accident. No specific time and place. Just a street name and date of alleged incident.

Can I ignore the Letter of Demand?

Michael T

9 April 2014
Hi @Allister
You mention an 'alleged' car accident, but they somehow have your contact information - Only you know whether you were involved in a car accident or not. If you were, then it would be wise to seriously consider the Letter of Demand.

Have a look at the Legal Aid WA "Claim made against you" page that sets out information about when a car accident / car insurance claim is made against you.

Reactions: Worldly1

Thanh Nguyen

6 August 2014
Hi @Allister
You mention an 'alleged' car accident, but they somehow have your contact information - Only you know whether you were involved in a car accident or not. If you were, then it would be wise to seriously consider the Letter of Demand.

Have a look at the Legal Aid WA "Claim made against you" page that sets out information about when a car accident / car insurance claim is made against you.

ALERT.
SOME ONE COULD USE THE MAGISTRATE POWER, FORM 4 FOR EXTORTION TO MAKE MONEY BY THE FALSE CLAIM, THEY JUST PAY THE FEE FOR COURT REGISTER AND ABUSE, BULLY TO THE PEOPLE, THAT SHOULD BREACH THE CIVILIAN RIGHTS. BELOW A STORE OF MY WIFE, WE ARE SUFFERING THE THREAT MORE THAN 2 MONTHS AGO BY THE MALICIOUS PERSON. WE WOULD LIKE TO RAISE OUR STORY AS ALERT FOR EVERY BODY. THANK FOR YOUR READING AND SHARING.
[Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines]

Dear Magistrate.
I received a Minor Case Claim Form 4 on Sunday 3, 2014,
- Claimant is [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines].
-Defendant is me: [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines].
The Case number: 13187/14, lodge on July 18, 2014.

Dear Sir/madam.
It case is quite wrong, because I have never known [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines], I don't know who is he?. But why he used a deliver who came to my house and forced me to sign a form 4. A front page of form being fade, I couldn't read what he wrote in a part:" Description of claim". I don't know what he wants to say, even he cheats me.

The impact occurred on May 23, 2014, when my car just touched slightly at rear of a female driver. We got out from car, then she watched then said:" nothing damage", but she asked me the phone number and my address before she leaves. At 5 Pm the same day, she rang up to me, I told her coming to my house, if she wants repair the damage, I estimate the damage, and I will take her car to a nearest workshop to repair, I have the comprehensive insurance. Therefor, she refused to come, I passed the phone to my husband as witness, she confirmed again:" I don't come, NO WORRY".
Two weeks after, she rang up, I wasn't be home, she told she has a quote herself from a workshop. my husband disagreed, she want to extort for money, probably she knows me a Asian. But the other fortnight, she sent letter with the quote is$ 1,671.71. it is outrage, the damages being wrtten into the long list with 17 items, nearly whole her car damaged, she sent letter, I know is [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines].
From the impact occurred, I have never seen her face, her car, so I know nothing, the case to be dismissed by the reasons below:
1-She has no police report.
2-No witness.
3-She confirmed" no damage" since the impact day.
3-She has never came to she me with car.
4-The time passed, from May 23,2014 to now ( August), so the case is nothing.
However, probable she provided my address to some one else, likely [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines], he wants to extort me for money, so he false register the Magistrate court, it is fraud and cheat.
I have never know [Redacted by Moderator - Community Guidelines], why does he use the Magistrate power for false claim?
I wrote the inquiry to you, because the case being cheated, wrong and fraud totally. He is not only cheat me, but including the Magistrate and Australia law.
Thank very much.