NSW Car Accident - Car Insurance Company Excessive Quote?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

40kelder

5 February 2015
Back in November 2013, I was driving and my car slid in wet weather my car clipped the back of the other car slightly causing a bit of paint to come off but no noticeable damage. In December 2013, I was approached by the car insurance company asking if I was going through insurance or paying it alone. I asked for 3 quotes so I could see how much the damage was before deciding on which way to go. I did not hear anything back until today Feb 2015. I am not sure where the photos and details I wrote about the car accident have gone. What steps should I take? 1.5 years to get back quotes seems a little excessive to me.

Tracy B

24 December 2014
Australia
Hi 40kelder,

If you want more information about the accident from your insurance company, you should call them up and ask to have access to your file

If you wish to complain about the long period of time it took for them to get back to you, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Services