QLD cancelling professional photos

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Britnne

6 December 2015
Hi, I was in a local shopping centre when approached for a photo shoot for my baby. They then booked us in for a viewing last week Thursday however we didn't make that appointment and was at the shops earlier so we checked out photos. They tried selling me a $6000 dollar package which I didn't feel comfortable. Lowest package $590. I didnt have any id or bank details on me so they asked my husband and he provided a licence (which is not valid) and bank account details. I sent a email to cancel today but us me to call which I did. I am unable to cancel because its a contract . no cooling off period etc. My question is because I know I can't cancel as it is an agreement contract. Is there any loop hole anywhere because its my name but his account details which I believe is written down incorrectly by worker and if he is part of the agreement why wasn't any terms explained to him.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
These types of places usually rely on guilt and pressure tactics to go you to go through with the deal. The most you should have to pay is an amount to cover their genuine costs to date (which should only be a small administration charge if you haven't had the photos taken). Tell them clearly and politely you no longer wish to proceed, and that if they want any money out of you they have to quantify their loss. If they persist, inform them you will be contacting Queensland Fair Trading and then do so.