Can this off the plan contract rescinded or compensation be received?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AnB

1 November 2021
Hi,
Can someone please give me some advice on this?
I bought an off the plan apartment back in late 2019 which is nearing its completion now.
When I entered the contact the draft plan and marketing plan stated the level numbers from level 1 and up and I bought an apartment on level 5. (Thinking I am buying one at around level 4 height as the level 1 would start from the ground)
The vendor recently sent a notification about the change of the address following the council's request and I realised my apartment is at level 2 height because this particular building starts from lower ground 2. (And by looking at the draft plan closely I could see some words like "adjoining with lower ground 2 car park & adjoining with lower ground 1 car park" for level 1 and 2, respectively)
Understand there's no issue amending the lot numbers etc, however in this case I believe it's not just about changing the numbers, it's more about that the information previously given about the levels is deceptive and misleading so made an ordinary people like me buy a unit at a level lower than intended. Obviously the level of an apartment is very important for so many reasons and I requested the vendor to consider this matter and give us at least some compensation (or to rescind the contract), however they denied the misrepresentation and rejected my claim.
Is there any action I could take please? I just cannot let this go because the level I go in now is not the level I thought my family would move in.
Thanks in advance.