NSW Can I summon a solicitor to produce a statement they provided legal advice?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TBP

11 August 2021
I'm an owner in a strata building and last year the executive committee got legal advice on problem with the building. The thing is they don't want to tell anyone the outcome as it probably puts them in bad light since they're responsible for the problem.

I've since filed an NCAT application to get a copy of that legal advice. As an owner I'm legally allowed to see that legal advice and paid for it through my levies. At first the committee denied getting the advice but after I provided a copy of the signed costs agreement, invoice and payment by the owners corporation to the tribunal the committee now say they've lost it or the solicitor never provided it (the story keeps changing).

The tribunal now wants me to prove the existence of that legal advice, exactly what it contains, and that the committee actually received it otherwise the application will be dismissed. The only way I can think of proving this is to either summon the solicitor as a witness or have the solicitor provide a statement?

I don't know if the tribunal is giving them another chance to fess up or truly believes their lies which to me are blatant.