LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Breaches of Family Law Contact Orders

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by RosieR, 12 July 2015.

Tags:
  1. RosieR

RosieR Active Member

I am starting an application for contravention due to my ex breaching our family law orders on multiple occassions the application states to list each breach separately.

My legal question is: My ex has withheld phone contact on multiple occasions and withheld payment of supervision fees on multiple occasions (to name a couple of breaches). Do i list each phone call and payment breach separately? Or by topic? Eg, phone calls, fee payments etc (listing date of each breach under the topics.)

Thank you in advance.

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

There's no rule for how to set these contraventions out, so do whichever feels more comfortable for you.

3. RosieR

RosieR Active Member

I appreciate your time. .. TY ☺

4. RosieR

RosieR Active Member

I recently had final orders for parental contact made in the Fam. Circuit Court.... if my Ex has now breached those orders, do i submit my application Contravention to the same court or just the Family Court ?

5. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

The Federal Circuit Court is well-positioned to make decisions faster than the Family Court, and the Family Court ordinarily only deals with family law matters that are more complicated, such as Magellan-listed cases or property settlements involving significant assets. In my view, it's best to file with the Federal Circuit Court first, as the Federal Circuit Court is also equipped to transfer proceedings to the Family Court if it deems it necessary.

RosieR likes this.