NSW Bankruptcy 3 years is nearly up

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

oliviat

15 February 2017
My bankruptcy time is nearly up but my trustee still hasn't completed the process of dividing properties and ownership of property. We had three properties and they have only just sold one, we want to buy one out and the third belongs to my husband although they are investigating this as well. I could have done this is in six weeks. Why are we being held to ransom by the trustees, we cant move on because we just don't know what they are going to do and it takes them months to answer emails or to take any action. Don't we have any human rights as bankruptcy victims, I was a victim of a business partner. Surely they also have to be held accountable for their incompetency. I don't care how may other clients they have, if they cant handle it then don't have the business. It is outrageous how long it has taken them to process this, my marriage has broken down, not because of the actual bankruptcy but the stress the trustee has put us under.
I have looked at complaining to the ombudsman but I am not sure what rights I have. Can anyone help