NSW Bankruptcy & discharge .

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

leajay

8 August 2017
hi my husband was declared bankrupt in October 2013 at which time a caveat was placed on our property. The house was jointly owned by myself & husband , I was not involved in the bankruptcy.
In 2015 the house was put on the market to cover his debt ( unsecured loans) . The bankruptcy was discharged in November 2016 & at that time the property had not sold .( I was told by the trustee that if I did not agree to the sale I could be forced to sell ) Since the house went on the market there was little contact from the trustees who are in VIC .
The house sold & exchanged in 20 days on April 3rd 2017 . It's been 4 months and I have not received my share of the sale ?? I was told there would be no interest payable ? I'm also wondering if he was discharged last year did we still have to sell ? Had trouble since day 1 with the trustees . 2 creditors withdrew from the bankruptcy in 2015 after I found discrepancies in the contracts but are now being paid out and the trustees fees quadrupled in last 2 yrs ? We asked numerous times for detailed account but did not receive and have approached numerous private & government agencies for advice without replies .