VIC Australian Law on Gambling Site Voiding Winnings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

celticsheep

21 February 2016
Hello, there and thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out here.

First off, I made an account a while back with this site and just recovered it recently. So I placed a call to their support because I noticed some errors in the contact information. The errors were as follows;

Middle Name
DOB(out by 2 digits) was still able to bet 2 years ago
Incorrect address

Now the guy on the phone just referred me to verification which I then gave them my details over and was assuming that they would just update the incorrect details with my account and then go ahead and verify my account. Instead, what they did was let my bet ride and win and then I won a bit more. Finally, they suspended my account and contacted me and said because these details were incorrect they could return my initial deposit but all winnings were forfeit.

Is this legal under Australian Law? Am I able to escalate this to the Norfolk Gaming Commission? Should I bother?

Note: 90% of the bets were after I contacted support via email and told them about the incorrect information

The site's terms and conditions are Betstar.com.au - Terms and Conditions

Lance

31 October 2015
If you feel they are not complying with their written terms and conditions in accordance with Interactive Gambling Act 2001 you can make a formal complaint to the ACMA Australian Communications and Media Authority. The link to the Act is here: INTERACTIVE GAMBLING ACT 2001