VIC Australian Institute of Fitness making me pay full course fees after I have cancelled

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sam93

6 May 2015
Hi,

I signed up with the Australian Institute of Fitness at the end of November 2014 and started my course of December 10th 2014. After about 5-6 weeks into my course I had to cancel it due to financial situations. I'm 22 and live out of home so I was unaware of the impact this course would have on me financially. I was not told verbally about the cooling off period and that i was unable to cancel my course after the 10 days. I am now being made to pay out the whole course fee, so $240 a month for 2 years for a course i am not even attending. I did go into the institute campus i was attending and fill in a cancellation form. Is there or how do i go about this situation? Am i legally able to appeal this circumstance? Under contract law are they able to force me to pay the $6500+? I am not able to keep paying $240 a month as it putting severe financial stress on myself.

Ivy

10 February 2015

DennisD

11 July 2014
Hi Sam

Talk about excessive!

Please review this thread which addresses unfair terms in consumer contracts. Of course you can come back here if you have further questions that come up.