VIC Cooling Off Period - Unable to Contact Australian institute of Fitness?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
23 October 2015
I recently enroled in a course at the Australian institute of Fitness and paid a $500 deposit. Since that day, it has been 9 business days and they say they allow 10 business days as a cooling off period for you to cancel your contract and get a full refund. Yet I can't seem to contact them at all as it's after hours.

As far as I know, I am eligible for a refund as it has only been 9 business days since I signed.

I am forced to cancel due to personal reasons. Can anyone help me get in contact with them as soon as possible please?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Jariahus,

If you cannot get the AIF on the telephone, it would best to send an email prior to Monday so that it is logged that you cancelled prior to 10 business days.

You need to make sure they know it is still within your cooling off period - and therefore you are entitled to your money back. If they still refuse - contact Consumer Affairs and they can let you know how to go forward in this matter to get your deposit back.

26 October 2015
Hi Jariahius

We have passed on your message to our Melbourne Campus and they will give you a call today to confirm this has been resolved. Alternatively, you can reach us any time via email.

Australian Institute of Fitness

Reactions: Steph68