QLD Assets, property settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Imlost12345

31 May 2018
Hello,

If the court orders a table of assets, what exactly would you expect to see on it - does that include bank balances, superannuation and liabilities as well as property itself and their values? Or would you expect just to see the property things like cars, houses, contents etc?

What would be a reasonable course of action if the other party has not complied with the orders to do a table of assets in a set amount of time, as our next hearing is trial and this was the last thing to do. I am thinking I need to do an application in a case so the court is aware of their non-compliance before trial and not delay the trial from the outset.

Last question: If they write my figures in some of the items, would that be taken that they agree to my figures on those items? The orders said we need valuations if we don't agree, but to me it looks like they agree on my figures (this is only the few property things they put in there).

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Court expects to see everything, though things like household goods are one line entries.

If the other side doesn't complete their table you ask the court to use yours. If the court says we'll extend their time, you complain about unnecessary delays and you want a costs order.
If their figures are the same is yours it means they will likely be accepted by the court.

Imlost12345

31 May 2018
Court expects to see everything, though things like household goods are one line entries.

If the other side doesn't complete their table you ask the court to use yours. If the court says we'll extend their time, you complain about unnecessary delays and you want a costs order.
If their figures are the same is yours it means they will likely be accepted by the court.

Imlost12345

31 May 2018
Thankyou.
I just don’t get the whole bs the other party and their lawyers play, be so much easier if they just did the steps.
Appreciate your time

Thank you