NSW SETTLEMENT / PARENTING ORDERS OPTIONS

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

EllyElly

22 September 2016
Hello. Are these my options to sort out property settlement and parenting orders?

1. Completely off the books private agreement
2. Mediation - parenting plans can then be made into orders but im assuming the settlement doesnt go any further other than signing the agreement?

3. (Im not completely sure on or how this option works) can i go to a lawyer and they do the parenting plans and settlement that way both parties have more negotiation power?
4. The last stop is court where a court decides?

We tried mediation however he would text me after and make threats if i dont agree to x and x he would do x and x to me. So it didnt work.

I tried to sort out settlement privately we agreed to a figure and split of certain items then when push came to shove he refused to pay out and again threatened if i continued to pursue the issue i would regret it.

There is a substantial amount of money and assets.

What im asking for is only maybe at best 10% of the total asset pool with all the research and having full primary care of the 2 kids i believe i stand to get a lot more than just 10% however thats all i want. Privately he wont agree.

My guess is a lawyer sorting this out would be cheaper and possibly less stressful than going to court?

Thank you!