- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Assault Charge from 19 Years Ago on Criminal History Check - Options?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by James78, 19 May 2016.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. James78

    James78 Member

    19 May 2016
    Likes Received:

    I am living in Sydney and currently trying to find employment. I recently underwent a national crime check and had something from my past come up. From back in 1997, I have an " Assault with acts of Indecency T2".

    This incident was now 19 years ago, and although sounds bad, was actually something very stupid that I did when I was young and is not as bad as it sounds.

    This is now affecting my chances to work in nearly every way, as most jobs now require a criminal history check.

    Is there anything I can do about this?
  2. Tim W

    Tim W Lawyer

    28 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Have a search for a thing called a "spent conviction".

Share This Page