ASIC and Liquidation of Company - Suggestions?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AMDaniels

11 June 2014
I've spoken to ASIC to get advice on liquidating a company that has gone bankrupt. All they could advise me was to appoint a Liquidation professional. All quotes I've received are between $8,000 and $15,000. I have no money, so how do I go through this process with no funds? None of the creditors are willing to start the process because they know I have no money. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Reactions: Louise4007

Louise4007

8 November 2015
SA
Bankruptcy is a process by which the state takes possession of a bankrupts' property through the official trustee in Bankruptcy or another trustee.

Liquidation or winding up differs in the sense that a liquidator controls a company's affairs in an attempt to discharge its' financial liabilities in preparation for its' dissolution.

If the company is already bankrupt, then it is likely in the hands of the official trustee in Bankruptcy who will now handle any matters associated with creditors.