Anesthetist will not Give Me an Invoice Before EOFY

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dean

26 June 2014
Hi,
I'm not sure this is in the right section, but I hope someone can help anyway. I had a medical procedure done over a week ago which required general anesthetic. I was told that the anesthetist's office will bill my account (to the debit card details provided) once the procedure was complete. Now I need the bill to be paid before the end of the financial year so I can claim the rebate tax offset with my other medical bills (as I most likely won't make over the $2000 threshold next financial year and will miss out on the rebate). I have called several times over the past few days and each time I have been told it will be sorted by close of business that day. I now only have until Monday to be billed before I miss out. What are my rights under Australian Consumer Law, and how can I persuade them to process it before close of business Monday? (Honestly I never thought I would ever have to chase up a company to take my money before, but I suppose there is a first for everything). Any help would be most appreciated!

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hope you're recovering well after surgery Dean,
From a practical perspective, I can only suggest firmly (but politely) calling and/or emailing the anaesthetists office each day reminding them of the end of financial year (EOFY) urgency.
Hopefully others on the forum will have better ideas.