Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Anesthetist will not Give Me an Invoice Before EOFY

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Dean, 26 June 2014.

1. Dean

Dean Member

Hi,
    I'm not sure this is in the right section, but I hope someone can help anyway. I had a medical procedure done over a week ago which required general anesthetic. I was told that the anesthetist's office will bill my account (to the debit card details provided) once the procedure was complete. Now I need the bill to be paid before the end of the financial year so I can claim the rebate tax offset with my other medical bills (as I most likely won't make over the $2000 threshold next financial year and will miss out on the rebate). I have called several times over the past few days and each time I have been told it will be sorted by close of business that day. I now only have until Monday to be billed before I miss out. What are my rights under Australian Consumer Law, and how can I persuade them to process it before close of business Monday? (Honestly I never thought I would ever have to chase up a company to take my money before, but I suppose there is a first for everything). Any help would be most appreciated!

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hope you're recovering well after surgery Dean,
    From a practical perspective, I can only suggest firmly (but politely) calling and/or emailing the anaesthetists office each day reminding them of the end of financial year (EOFY) urgency.
    Hopefully others on the forum will have better ideas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...