NSW AMADIO,JOAN THOMPSON VS COMMBANK,DANA BEGLIARI VS WESTPAC AT BANKING REVIEW

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Amadio is an unconscionable conduct in lending case - so the ‘debt and bankruptcy’ forum.

Graham Huddleston

20 May 2020
You're a legend. Do you realize how many lawyers I have seen over 30 years that would not have a clue Re Amadio.,let alone know what type it is. How can I make an appt to see you, and do 8 get first hour free. Thank you

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I'm familiar with Amadio from my past work for lenders in previous firms. If you're looking for someone to take on a case in the style/magnitude of Amadio, then you're best off looking for someone who practices in litigation and dispute resolution against banks and financial providers.

In that, I'd suggest someone like Mr Ben Slade from Maurice Blackburn. If you Google him, you'll see he's right up your particular alley.

Graham Huddleston

20 May 2020
I'm familiar with Amadio from my past work for lenders in previous firms. If you're looking for someone to take on a case in the style/magnitude of Amadio, then you're best off looking for someone who practices in litigation and dispute resolution against banks and financial providers.

In that, I'd suggest someone like Mr Ben Slade from Maurice Blackburn. If you Google him, you'll see he's right up your particular alley.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
You should not, however, expect this work to happen on a contingent fee basis.

And frankly, if you've been trying to find a lawyer for as long as you say you have,
then perhaps you case is either out of time, or without any merit or any triable issues.

Graham Huddleston

20 May 2020
You should not, however, expect this work to happen on a contingent fee basis.

And frankly, if you've been trying to find a lawyer for as long as you say you have,
then perhaps you case is either out of time, or without any merit or any triable issues.

Graham Huddleston

20 May 2020
Thank for reply.Im aware of all the items you've mentioned.My case same as Amadio,Joan Thompson, and the case against Westpac fronted by Dana Beiglari from Legal Aid Sydney.Every lawyer gives a new excuse,mainly,I think because its very involved.My fathers signature was accepted by the legal team when they DID NOT HAVE AUTHORITY.There if you look at the legal definition of "conspiracy" its perfect.Can you send me in the right direction.The suggestion of Ben Slade ive tried but they don't do anything relative before 2011.Dad signed in 1988.Cheers

Graham Huddleston

20 May 2020
sORRY TO BORE YOU BUT I HAVE NO FURTHER OPTION.TWO YEARS AGO LEGAL AID SAID MY CASE HAD MERIT.......NOW NOTHING.My father signed as guarantor using the family home,for my newsagency business.I had a nervous breakdown in November 1989.Subsequently the Commbank said they would sell the family home.Through legal aid my parents fought this action.On the day of going to court the barristers walked out of their office and said "the Bank has made an offer which we have accepted".They DID NOT have this authority,hence conspiracy .Check the legal definition before you criticize this term.They let us keep home under a "whole of life arrangement".Dad passed in 1995 ,mum in 2011.House was sold in 2012 by Bank.Subsequently while trying to emotionally read all the documents I found out that dad had several medical complaints and should not have been allowed to sign.The Bank asked me to make a discounted offer of the debt which I did on 3 occasions but they would not reply,even though the first had been accepted by Alan Martin ^th floor,Martin Place subject to valuation.They would not talk to me after that.Amadio was "unconscionable conduct".I have applied under FOI but even AFCA could not succeed either.I need a lawyer who will apply for Legal AId or Pro Bono on behalf of my family.All advice will be accepted.Thank you for reading.

Not sure which avenue you tried with AFCA, however there is a small window of opportunity for a legacy AFCA claim to be lodged before 30 June 2020. This is for claims which are out of date. I recommend you have a good look at that. Might be of assistance?