A question about sirens, red and blue lights and L plates

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lucaslly97

8 June 2018
I have a rather weird question.
So in context of myself always going to car meets and wanted to look fancy, I wanted to know if I can possess a siren, red and blue lights in my car? I will not install them ( I kind of researched and find that they can’t be ‘installed’) at least I would define install as fitting them in my car so that is it not lose. And if I can possess them, can I use them in a car park? Or can I only use it in a privately owned area?

On a separate question, can I display L plates if I am not a learner plus I hold a full licence or equivalent?

I’m from NSW.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
As for the siren and red, blue lights, I think they are not allowed at all, they should be used by authorised personnel only (for example: police), using them in the car park, i don't think it is allowed as the car park is considered public (shopping mall carpark), but on private property, I think you are taking a risk.

As for "L plate" question, I know that you should not put the "L plate" if you are on a full licence. You will be fined.