VIC Will Police Check Affect My Australian Citizenship Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ibrahim

29 July 2016
I need help. Please, give me an answer to my question.

1 and half years ago, someone complained about me to the police. The police took my details. One week later, the police came to my home and left a card. They said, "contact us as soon as possible".

I called them and then the police said, "come to the police station, we have to make an interview". I went there, they took me in a small room and they recoreded me and took my photo.

3 weeks later, they sent me mail. The mail says there was no proof and to go to the court.

My question is, I'll be applying for an Australian citizenship. I have to get a police check. Will the police check show that?

Thank you

5 September 2019
www.koncheck.com

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Until you are convicted of something, don't worry.

Last edited:

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hi Ibrahim

First of all, let me assure you that there is nothing to worry! If the police call you, that is not a matter of worry! National police check only includes convictions, sentences and penalties.

To know more what is included in the certificate, I shall request you to check this page. https://www.koncheck.com/website-document/KONCHECK-Result-Template.pdf

I hope you will get your answer.
You should disclose that your are promoting your own product here.
I invite your attention the Community Guidelines, to which you agreed when you signed up.