QLD Will First Time Theft Show Up on National Police Check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jaimie

26 June 2019
I got charged with theft a few years ago. It was my first and only offence. It was a minor offence from an IGA, I did take a single item that wasn't very valuable. I pleaded guilty and was given a fine but I cannot remember what the judge said.

I have recently gotten a new job and they want me to do a national police check and I would like to know if it will show up on my police check?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
If a conviction was recorded, then yes - it will show on your record for 10 years.

Hamza

8 September 2019
If the matter went to court and is not counted as a "Spent Conviction" then I assume it will show up. You can have a look at the applicable spent convictions scheme for your relevant state/territory online.

As for the National Police Check, you can get one online from Australian National Character Check

Poo

19 September 2019
I got charged with theft a few years ago. It was my first and only offence. It was a minor offence from an IGA, I did take a single item that wasn't very valuable. I pleaded guilty and was given a fine but I cannot remember what the judge said.

I have recently gotten a new job and they want me to do a national police check and I would like to know if it will show up on my police check?

I just wanna ask, were you caught at the moment or days after the act?