WA What to expect in a trial

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

teflongirl

29 January 2016
At last hearing the ICL requested from magistrate that we to to trial. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the trial? We have been assigned 4 days. I'm self representing . Is all the focus on the child's needs and is there the usual horse trading that goes on outside? Is there really an opportunity to call witnesses? Whats the focus of such a trial? The ICL said to me if you want to get the child in your care you'll have to go to trial. What does that mean? I currently only have access unsupervised on a weekend day.

sammy01

27 September 2015
"The ICL said to me if you want to get the child in your care you'll have to go to trial. What does that mean?"

so if one parent is refusing reasonable access, you only have 2 ways of fixing that.
1 - get the parent to agree to more access. Doesn't seem like that is going to happen... So plan b
2 - get a magistrate to agree to more access

teflongirl

29 January 2016
Also the domiciled partner has our 6yo daughter 100% of the time so what can I expect in terms of access? She's also holding off on her own family having any kind of access and the court has agreed to this ! Its been like this now for 19 months!