NSW What Name to Put on Probate Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

pollywaffle

29 October 2016
I am filling in a probate application in NSW for my Mums estate. I have filled in the forms and am stuck on what name to write in for my sister who is co executor.

Her name on her birth cert:
Jannett Anne Surname

Her Name on the will:
Jannett Ann Surname

Her name generally used, and on her drivers lisc:
Jannette Anne Surname

So, both here first and middle name have musical "e"s. Do I use the name on the will and then get her to do a stat dec about her various names, or use her commonly used name ?

I dont want to go all the way to Sydney 400km to then find the forms I have filled and printed are not correct :)

Thanks for any help

Arche

20 March 2015
Hi Pollywaffle

I do not follow your question or understand the problem.

You have said in all three situations your sister's name is the same, ie JA Surname. What do you mean her first name and middle name have "musical E's"?

If you explain clearly just what the problem is, we might be able to help.

What does the Probate application actually ask re the name?

pollywaffle

29 October 2016
Hi Mary W

Basically (without being able to name names), The names are not the same. Some first names are xxxxxxe, some xxxxxxx (no e), the same with the middle name zzzzzz & zzzzzze respectively. The last e is present on some paperwork and not others. My sister now uses the last "e" on both names, but the will and her birth cert are all different.

In fact, whoever typed the will in Mum's lawyers office put three ttt on the end of her first name in one mentioning (should be just tt).

Perhaps those little "e" are not important.

Should I use her current name on the probate application (all with the last e), or what is on the will (no last e)?

Stat dec to explain the variations ?

Hope that clears up the question. :)