NSW Trespassing - What are My Property Rights?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SingleMumClare

3 May 2018
I am not controlling, nor a perpetrator of domestic violence thank you. I am a woman who has been trodden on and walked on and have had enough. He bullied me into signing consent orders that gave him a 65% share of our assets when a lawyer told me I was entitled to 70% to 80%, he’s ripped off his own kids with child support. And to put it plainly I’m sick of being told how things are going to be. I’m sick of doing the right thing to keep the peace. And I for the first time I want to fight back and push for whatever little damn rights I may have. Thanks for your advice anyway.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Okay, do whatever you want, but the Court overrules you, no matter what 'damn rights' you think you may have. If the Court decides your actions reflect controlling behaviour in line with domestic violence, then you're going to wind up a domestic violence order against you. That's not me telling you how things are going to be, that's the Court doing what it's meant to do, sorry if it doesn't align with your fight-back attitude.

It seems you didn't come here looking for advice, you came here looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear. Sorry, the two just don't align, but good luck!

SingleMumClare

3 May 2018
No, I haven’t come on here to hear what I want to hear. I came on here to find out if I have any legal rights regarding my house and who is in it. Straight forward legal advice would be either yes or no, what the laws that are applicable to the case might be and why. I did NOT come on here to be accused of controlling behaviour or a perpetrator of domestic violence! Which is so far from the truth it’s not funny.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This forum does not provide legal advice. If you want legal advice, you’ll need to see a lawyer.

Lennon

11 September 2014
Trying to control who your ex-partner spends time with, is controlling. If you feel it's an invasion of privacy because you have personal belongings in the house he lives, you should remove your personal belongings.

You definitely can't bring a civil or criminal action for trespass given that she has permission from one of the home owners to be there.

LouiseThomas

21 March 2018
No, I haven’t come on here to hear what I want to hear. I came on here to find out if I have any legal rights regarding my house and who is in it. Straight forward legal advice would be either yes or no, what the laws that are applicable to the case might be and why. I did NOT come on here to be accused of controlling behaviour or a perpetrator of domestic violence! Which is so far from the truth it’s not funny.

What the others said. He can make decisions regarding who stays in the house etc, just like if you were still there and you re-partnered.