QLD TPD Insurance Claim Reviewed by Board Delegate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Huzey

15 October 2015
Hi,

My TPD insurance claim has been ongoing for over a year now. I have Complex PTSD and Generalised Anxiety Disorder which as been ongoing for 6 years now. The IME said I am unable to work in any job, my psychiatrist said the same. Then my insurance company wanted another opinion from a third psychiatrist and he disagreed but there were flaws throughout his statement and he contradicted himself.

My case manager said there wasn't enough evidence to support my claim but it hasn't been rejected. My solicitor then sent me to a 4th IME and they agreed that I have a permanent disability and made it quite clear of the repercussions if I was to return to any form of work.

My solicitor sent me reports and a letter stating all medical evidence obtained and how flawed the report from the 3rd IME. It was very well written and he believes that I should be successful.

However, it now has been with a board delegate for 2 weeks now and I haven't heard anything. Is this normal for a board delegate to review my case and is it normal to take this long?

Any information would be very appreciative.

Thanks

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Hi there,

Did you ever hear back about your claim? Sorry for the delayed response.

Peter_boost

28 February 2019
Hi,

My TPD insurance claim has been ongoing for over a year now. I have Complex PTSD and Generalised Anxiety Disorder which as been ongoing for 6 years now. The IME said I am unable to work in any job, my psychiatrist said the same. Then my insurance company wanted another opinion from a third psychiatrist and he disagreed but there were flaws throughout his statement and he contradicted himself.

My case manager said there wasn't enough evidence to support my claim but it hasn't been rejected. My solicitor then sent me to a 4th IME and they agreed that I have a permanent disability and made it quite clear of the repercussions if I was to return to any form of work.

My solicitor sent me reports and a letter stating all medical evidence obtained and how flawed the report from the 3rd IME. It was very well written and he believes that I should be successful.

However, it now has been with a board delegate for 2 weeks now and I haven't heard anything. Is this normal for a board delegate to review my case and is it normal to take this long?

Any information would be very appreciative.

Thanks

Hi Huzey,

How did you end up going, did you receive your payout?