QLD Topics to Include as Agenda in Mediation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Bewdy thank you, greatly appreciated. Considering your first set of consent orders where when your children were 12 months old, how was it written into the courts orders to allow for "growth in time"? ie. did it say age 1 = visitations on this days and time; age 2 = visitations on this days and time; age 3 = visitations on this days and time, etc, etc?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Nope - that was the problem. She would not agree to any additional time down the track. She agreed to 4 nights a fortnight - but it had taken nearly 18 months to get there so the youngest guy was nearly 2... but she wasn't gonna agree to any more time because once you go past 4 nights and half holidays, family tax and child support go down.

So my comprormise was not relying on Rice and Asplund so I could go back to court down the track to get more time as the kids got older, but as it happened she went mad and the kids got left with me (long story)

Mate - I reckon you want to have consent orders that provide for an increase in time incremented - but I'm also aware that a magistrate will be conservative on this one, so your best bet is being able to go back to court in a few years.... With a 10-month-old child and a resistant mother - you'd better get used to self-representing...

AllForHer

23 July 2014
My husband's orders for incremental increases in time looked like this:

1. The child shall spend time with the father as follows:

a) each alternate weekend from the conclusion of school Friday (or [time] if a non-school day) to the commencement of school Tuesday;

b) On [date], order 1(a) will be suspended and the child shall spend each alternate weekend from the conclusion of school Friday (or [time] if a non-school day to the commencement of school Wednesday;

c) On [date], order 1(b) will be suspended and the child shall spend each alternate weekend from the conclusion of school Friday (or [time] if a non-school day to the commencement of school Thursday;

d) On [date], order 1(c) will be suspended and the child shall live with the parents on a week-about basis with changeovers to occur at the conclusion of school Friday (or [time] if a non-school day.

Another way is to replace "On date" with "Upon the child attaining the age of [age]".