QLD Stealing charge show on criminal check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rose2020

13 March 2020
About 5 years ago I was friends with the wrong person and ended up stealing from a store worth about $200.
I was caught and cooperated with police etc / stopped being friends with that person and have turned my life around.
The court did no recorded conviction and I haven’t had anything else against my name since.
I have learnt my lesson big time.
But currently I am a junior accountant and HR is revamping and they want to run background checks on all in the finance team.
Just wondering - will my court appearance show on the check employers order??

I know I got no recorded conviction but I just can’t find information as to whether it will show I had to appear before a court?

Thanks in advance

Adam1user

5 January 2018
About 5 years ago I was friends with the wrong person and ended up stealing from a store worth about $200.
I was caught and cooperated with police etc / stopped being friends with that person and have turned my life around.
The court did no recorded conviction and I haven’t had anything else against my name since.
I have learnt my lesson big time.
But currently I am a junior accountant and HR is revamping and they want to run background checks on all in the finance team.
Just wondering - will my court appearance show on the check employers order??

I know I got no recorded conviction but I just can’t find information as to whether it will show I had to appear before a court?

Thanks in advance

If you were informed that you have no record conviction, then I doubt that it will show on your criminal check. What you can do, is get a criminal check for yourself and find out what will show on it. that is the best way, it will cost you a fee, but it will be worth it.